Designing course sites, creating a curriculum, and promoting your course all require a more substantial setup. Online course delivery systems can help with that. These programs streamline the entire process, allowing you to concentrate on your content and students, with ready-built infrastructure made to make building an online course quick, simple, and profitable. These are our top picks after reviewing and testing dozens of software for developing and marketing online courses.
- Skillshare – If you’re a business owner, designer, writer, photographer, or blogger looking to teach your profession online, Skillshare is a great platform for you. There are classes available in a variety of fields, both popular and specialist, such as marketing, photography, cuisine, sketching, hand painting, and even wall hanging.
Students who join the platform’s subscription program have access to all 35,000+ of its premium courses. It’s free to sign up and publish a course on Skillshare, but if you want to get paid, it needs to be in the premium catalog.
Video lessons, a project, and community conversation are the three main moving pieces of Skillshare classes, whether they are free or premium. 20–60 minutes of video are divided into 2–5 minute lessons for each class. Then, the practical project guarantees practical experience. Students can be required to advertise their Instagram account for a social media class project, or they might create a pitch in a writing class. Students can publish their work in the class’s community section. Skillshare encourages students to share their progress, get comments, and adjust their work accordingly rather than emphasizing final products, which is ideal for the creative subjects you’ll be teaching.
- Mighty Networks – Mighty Networks assists you in creating a thriving, engaged paid community around your online course. The app primarily focuses on fostering communities through paid clubs, events, and—you guessed it—online courses. Individual courses, community memberships, or packages combining the two can all be sold by users. Pricing for memberships is entirely individualized and might take the form of a one-time fee or a recurring charge. Each course may have a different cost or be free to subscribing members.
A built-in Activity Feed is included in every course and attempts to encourage participation and discourse as students move through it. Members can contribute any type of content, including links, photographs, and short text entries. As the teacher, you can assign themes to guide discussion and incorporate live events (both virtually and physically) into your courses. To get things started, include icebreaker questions. You may also make polls to engage your audience and obtain feedback.
Unusually, the app provides a modest yet effective function that lets instructors modify the language employed in their neighborhood. Your table of contents, for instance, could also be referred to as your syllabus, your course materials, or any other term you like. A professor, TA, teacher, or other unique moniker might be used to refer to an instructor.
- Udemy – Udemy currently has more than 40 million students enrolled in various courses, and it has more than 65,000 instructors. You must first apply to become a premium instructor on Udemy before you can build a paid course there. When your application is accepted, you’ll see a set of simple instructions for building your first course. Remember to include five lectures and at least 30 minutes of video in your course content planning. Quizzes, assignments, coding challenges, and discussion starters are all welcome additions.
The platform provides a ton of assistance for designing and promoting a course. For instance, if you’re unsure whether your video courses are up to par, you may submit a sample for review and receive comments on the video and audio, as well as equipment recommendations. Udemy also has a Teach Hub with tutorials on how to organize a course, record your first video, and other related topics.
Access to Udemy is free. It makes no difference whether you educate in your courses using text or video lessons. You can immediately begin building your online courses. Even free classes can be found on the website. When you start selling courses, a little percentage of the money you make goes to Udemy as compensation for their assistance in connecting you to their enormous top online course marketplace.
- LearnDash – One of the greatest platforms for creating online courses is LearnDash, which also allows you to obtain automated notifications, create and share badges and certifications, interface with your preferred programs, and generate in-depth information on student registration, progress, and performance.
Many significant LearnDash users, including Yoast SEO, Infusionsoft, and the University of Michigan, use this well-known WordPress LMS plugin. Their “Focus Mode” is one of their USPs and the first useful function. When students are enrolled in one of your courses, this mode eliminates all outside distractions.
The fully functional course builder from LearnDash works flawlessly with their email drip campaigns. On your own website, you can create the best online course, match your material to a particular email drip, and plan the delivery of courses in accordance with predetermined schedules.
- Thinkific – It can be intimidating to create your first online course. How many lessons ought to be present? Where should you place the homework and tests? What other file formats ought to you add? Thinkific’s easy-to-use templates remove the guesswork from creating courses. The course material and landing page are the two components that make up a Thinkific course. Pre-sell, mini-course, flagship course, membership resource library, and webinar replay are all good starting points. Thinkific templates give you helpful hints and pointers to construct a worthwhile course, unlike other course builders where you start from scratch. The templates include sample quizzes, downloads, surveys, and instructor messages in addition to video lessons and are pre-populated at regular intervals throughout the course.
- Airschool – Launching online courses is made easier by Airschool for authors, authorities, and companies with large audiences. YouTubers, Instagram users, and LinkedIn experts frequently use the platform to produce content for their audiences that shares expertise. Many course developers use websites like vFairs to build and convert their webinar audiences. This is our top recommendation for the current year. In the past, platforms offering online courses had a stranglehold on subscription-based business models. If you pay up, you can use a variety of functions; if not, you can’t. Additionally, any user who starts a course with Airschool receives a sales agent. By making follow-up calls and sending SMS messages, the agent aids in course sales.
- Teachable – Teachable assists shrewd course designers in building and nurturing an online following. The platform offers a number of choices to personalize the appearance and feel of your course, to start. Create sales pages to start your course, build a website that embodies your brand, and, if you know how to code, play around with it using the Power Editor. If not, update the available templates.
In addition to other content types, Teachable’s course builder allows files from OneDrive, Dropbox, and Google Drive. There is flexibility in your course pricing as well. You have the option to charge a one-time price, set up a payment schedule, or create a subscription when offering courses individually or in groups. Make coupon codes when you’re ready to launch to increase course sales right away.
- Podia – Podia allows you to set up an online store for your digital goods. As a component of a single digital marketplace, create membership websites, digital downloads, and online courses.
You have the option of publishing your online course right away or pre-launching it to gather email addresses. Sell them as a digital download if you have extra materials to complement your course, such as cheat sheets, eBooks, videos, audio, text, or checklists. The two may alternatively be combined and sold as a unit.
- Kajabi – Kajabi empowers busy course developers with marketing superpowers. With just a few clicks, you can build a whole marketing funnel using its marketing blueprints, known as Pipelines, including a landing page, opt-in forms, emails, and a course checkout. As an illustration, consider the three touchpoints that make up the freebie funnel. The first is a landing page where you gather email addresses in return for a free download, such an eBook or cheat sheet. A visitor who inputs their email automatically joins your gratis email list, where you may thank them for signing up and upsell them on your course. They are sent to a thank-you page if they decide to make a purchase. The end of that.
What you do with the emails you gather is equally up to you. After they make a purchase, you can add them to an email sequence, remind them about your special offer, or send them a thank-you card. For all types of pages, Kajabi has templates. Your marketing engine is ready to go after you choose a Pipeline and upload your content.
Templates are useful, but Kajabi provides a variety of if-then scenarios if you want to design your own automations. You can send a student an email, register them for an event, or remove them from an email list when they finish an assessment, fill out a form, cancel their subscription, or have been inactive for a time.
- Pathwright – A design, learning, and teaching platform all in one, Pathwright can help you reimagine the way you approach education. Pathwright gives you the option to select the action that students must complete from a drop-down menu when you add each step. These options include watch, read, take, submit, attend, listen, or to-do. The end product is what they refer to as a “clear path” that guides students through the course material. After you’ve written down your syllabus and actions, Pathwright kindly adds a “Needs content” remark to each action. Another benefit is that, even though there are limits to quick design customization, CSS experts can create an entirely unique look and feel for their courses.
- Ruzuku -Thousands of authors, lecturers, coaches, and bloggers trust Ruzuku, a popular online course platform that is simple to use. You can construct an online course that takes students step-by-step using the sophisticated course. allowing you to quickly add text, PDFs, and a variety of digital resources. Create course outlines quickly, then easily change and rearrange your steps. Launch your course with no hassle and quickly see amazing sales. You may add an infinite number of students to any of Ruzuku’s plans, create an infinite number of courses, obtain an infinite amount of data storage, get dedicated fast servers, and do a lot more.
An online learning platform is a website or portal for educational content and resources that gives students access to all the information they require in one location, including lectures, resources, opportunities to connect with and communicate with other students, and more. Additionally, it’s a great tool for both the student and the teacher to keep track of a student’s development. All of these platforms for online learning give you access to tools for creating, marketing, and selling courses, making it incredibly simple for you to advance in your career by implementing best practices.
You must choose an online learning platform with a variety of material, learning, evaluation, and communication modules.
With the help of these modules, your online learning platform may offer a range of teaching methods to each learner, helping them to perform better and retain more information. You must ensure that the online course delivery systems you select centralize the user’s earning journey into a single portal. In that situation, your online course platforms ought to have integrations or offer an app that is simple to use. The learners won’t have to go through the same processes again or reach different locations on the same landing pages thanks to this.
If you have ever wanted to learn how to make money online, whether you are working full time and just want to add an extra few thousand dollars into your bank account every month, maybe you want to replace your salary with your online selling, or you want to start, launch, build, grow or scale your business to 6, 7, 8 figures…for an extremely low monthly investment of only $27USD, you will get access to EVERYTHING inside I WILL TEACH YOU TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE, our global platform.
This monthly membership could literally change your life and change how you make money forever…
Find out more here, and we would love for you to watch some of our micro masterclasses for free, so you can see if this is a good fit for you.